October 15, 2007

Motivation (and a Dancing Bird) on a Monday

Edwidge Danticat, author of Brother, I’m Dying and other fine works, says this in Oprah Magazine’s “A Million Ways to Save the World” section:

“I would teach every child to read and write, give them access to stories about their potential, their power, their ability to contribute to the world. I would tell them that the future is as infinite as their dreams, and when they don’t quite reach it, they are not failing but rehearsing. And I would tell them that when their heart is broken, it heals back stronger with each tear. I would ask each child to plant a tree in her or his name and not uproot those that already exist. I would send each child to school and pray that she or he learns, among other things, to speak even when silence is the law, to cry even when tears are condemned and to laugh whenever laughter is crucial.

And speaking of laughter . . . here’s that dancing bird.

Have an inspired week,

Donna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your dancing bird!! that was really funny :-))) thanks for the laugh.. from your crazy sis