August 14, 2008

What Garrison Keillor and Stephen King Have to Say About Writing

Garrison Keillor has some great advice about writing:



And Stephen King offers writers a few thoughts as well:




As an obsessive scribbler, I love reading about/listening to writers discuss their process or give advice.

Have you discovered any inspiring advice you'd love to share?

And to those curious about the end of my previous post, the pink cocktail dress for $7.99 was from PetSupermarket. Don't you feel sorry for some dog out there wearing a pink cocktail dress? Poor Fido!

Now if the thought of that doesn't inspire creativity, nothing will!

Happy scribbling,
Donna

3 comments:

Mary Hershey said...

Hi, Donna!

I adore Stephen King! His book ON WRITING meant the world to me, and really changed the way that I take care of my first drafts. I stopped letting people get their hands on my "discovery draft". I sent him a fan letter after I read his book-- I don't do that very often.

Thanks for sharing the clip. I love his t-shirt, too. :o]

LOL re: PetSmart! I couldn't imagine where one could get a cocktail dress for that price!

Mary Hershey

Wild About Words said...

Mary,

Your comment couldn't have come at a better time. I read it while taking a break from writing an article about how to write a messy first draft. I love the term "discovery draft." So apt.

Hope you're having a fine summer,
Donna

Mary Hershey said...

Donna Gephart is IN the house over at Shrinking Violets. Lucky us! ;-]

A fan,
Mary Hershey