April 9, 2009

Week of Happiness -- Day 4: Dancing!

More than 20 million people have viewed this video. Have you?



In the video, Matt dances with different people in countries spanning all seven continents. Such a simple act as dancing inspires unbridled joy.

Matt has also written an essay for NPR's "This I Believe" series. My favorite part of his essay is when he explains how easy it is for us to spot a stranger's differences, but how important it is to first notice the things we have in common. Read Matt's short essay here.

Here's my favorite song about dancing.

And I'll leave you with my favorite quote about dancing:

"Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth."


No comments: