March 5, 2010

Guess Who's on Oprah?

Not me.

This amazing, local music/voice teacher, Jamie Perez, gathered an entire middle school together to create a music video that celebrates READING! It's so much fun.

The folks at Oprah discovered it and are airing the video on today's show.

As a children's book author, I couldn't be more excited to see so many middle school kids having a blast promoting one of my favorite activities -- READING!

Incidentally, Jamie is wearing the red shirt and white vest. Enjoy the video:




5 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for posting this, Donna. It is an amazing video! Jamie Perez is a talented and enthusiastic voice teacher--my daughters adore her. I bet all 1,700 middle school students at Ocoee adore her too.
Linda

Wild About Words said...

Yup. Just watched it on Oprah. Those kids were so excited. And they're getting a hip new library to boot.

Jill said...

Wow! That was a great video. I loved it. Those kids are lucky to have such a passionate teacher!

Christy said...

Awesome!! That is so great to see all of those kids being so passionate about reading!

Wild About Words said...

Christy and Jill, Couldn't agree more. So inspiring!