November 16, 2010

TEXAS-SIZED GOOD NEWS

My heart's still hammering. My thoughts are still racing. My face hurts from smiling so much.

Yesterday, this e-mail appeared in my in-box:

Donna,
It is with great pleasure that I write to let you know that your book, How to Survive Middle School, has been selected for the 2011 Texas Lone Star Reading List. The committee considered many books and felt that yours was exceptional and would be perfect for the list.
Congratulations!


This is the first time a book of mine will be on a state list. And Texas is one big state! (You can read the complete list on this blog.)

Thank you to Lori Loranger, Committee Chair, and to the entire Texas Lone Star Reading List Committee for this great honor. I am beyond thrilled!

Texas has been very good to us this year. It was only two months ago that Hubby and I had the time of our lives in Austin, TX because of a trip we won from Whole Foods Market.

In other state news -- Good citizens of New Jersey: Lock your windows and bolt your doors.

I'm coming to town. Consider yourselves duly warned.

During my visit, I look forward to meeting students and staff at a couple middle schools, where I'll be presenting and giving a writing workshop.

Then, I'll be speaking, reading and signing books at the BK BOOK FESTIVAL at Bnai Keshet Synagogue in Montclair, NJ, Nov. 21st at 10:45 a.m. This book festival benefits the Bnai Keshet Synagogue and indie bookstore, Watchung Booksellers. If you're in the area, please stop by and say howdy.

If you can't make it to the event and want to support Watchung Booksellers, please call 973.744.7177 to order a book. Or support YOUR local indie bookseller by ordering your holiday books from them. Check out Indiebound to find the one closest to you.

Thanks so much!
Donna

3 comments:

mind bloggling said...

Holy Crackers and Cream Cheese! Congratulations, Donna. I'm so happy for you. If you ever get close to the Houston area, let me know. I'd really like to hook up and have lunch.

Crystal Allen

Barb Best said...

Congratulations Donna. "How To Survive Middle School" is such a funny and moving book, love the internet element!

Wild About Words said...

Crystal, I'd LOVE to get together again if I'm anywhere near Houston. Can't wait for your new book to come out!
Barb, thank you! I hope you're still producing those award-winning humor pieces!